Tactical Navigation

You are here

High School Seniors Can Earn College Credits

Top Stories

How suite it is: UL Lafayette names space in Union for Raymond Blanco

His 46-year tenure at the University began in 1963. He became vice president for Student Affairs in 1974, and held the position until his 2009 retirement.

Read More ➝

Spring 2019 Commencement marked by several milestones

A total of 1,786 degrees were awarded during the UL Lafayette’s 161st Commencement ceremonies Friday at the Cajundome and Convention Center.

Read More ➝

'Grit' carries first-gen grad from Breaux Bridge to Brooklyn Bridge

Accounting graduate Zach Wells earned acceptance into Columbia Law School, an Ivy League institution that’s among the nation’s top 5 for legal studies.

Read More ➝

The University of Louisiana at Lafayette offers high school seniors an opportunity to earn college credit before they set foot on the university's campus. The High School On Site Program brings UL Lafayette to selected high schools by offering college level classes in mathematics (math 105) and English (English 101).

Schools participating in the High School On Site Program are:

Lafayette Parish: Acadiana High School, Carencro High School, Comeaux High School, Lafayette High School

Iberia Parish: New Iberia Senior High School, Westgate High School

St. Martin Parish: St. Martinville High School, Breaux Bridge High School, Cecilia High School

Vermillion Parish: location to be announced

The High School On Site program provides a bridge for graduating seniors as they prepare to leave high school and enter college. Those students who wish to enroll in the program must meet UL Lafayette admissions requirements.

The program will provide personalized instruction from UL Lafayette faculty as well as a chance for high school seniors to earn college credit before graduation. Class sizes will be limited to 25 students and the classes will be taught at the high school.

For more information visit http://universitycollege.louisiana.edu or contact your high school guidance counselor.