$124.7 million: That's how much the University expended on research and development last year. It’s the second consecutive year UL Lafayette spent more than $100 million on R&D.
The UL Lafayette Children’s Chorus, under the direction of Norma Jean Luckey, has openings for this semester. Auditions are being held on January 23, 2006 and January 30, 2006.
The Children’s Chorus, for children ages 9-15, and its training choir, the Apprentice Chorus, for children ages 7-9, perform music for treble voices with Kodaly concepts music education as the educational basis for teaching the ensembles. Auditions will be held prior to the first rehearsal for each group.
Audition requirements are as follows:
UL Lafayette Children’s Chorus
• Sing America (My Country Tis of Thee) or America the Beautiful
• Meet in room 243 of Angelle Hall at 3:30 p.m. on either audition date, Jan. 23 or Jan. 30.
• Rehearsals are from 4 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. on Mondays beginning in January and ending in May.
• Tuition is $100 per semester.
• Sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star or other known children’s song.
• Meet in room 254 Angelle Hall at 6:30 p.m. on either audition date, Jan. 23 or Jan. 30.
• Rehearsals are from 6:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. on Mondays beginning in January and ending in May. Tuition is $70 per semester.
For more information please contact Norma Jean Luckey at 981-0337.