The Tuscaloosa Marine Shale has confounded the oil and gas industry for decades. The consortium will examine how to unlock its energy potential.
The Hall of Honor at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette has reached 419.
The number of plaques in the Hall increased by 14 on Thursday, when the UL Lafayette Foundation recognized its distinguished donors during a reception at Le Pavillon in Parc Lafayette.
The yearly ceremony celebrates donors who make gifts of $10,000 or more to the University. Donors making commitments of $100,000 or more, and gifts of $50,000 or more, are each recognized as a distinguished donor.
Endowment gifts are represented with a plaque in the Foundation's Hall of Honor in Martin Hall. Endowed funds are invested, which means the capital is not spent. Only a portion of the interest earned is tapped. So, endowments are perpetual sources of funding that is distributed for student scholarships, professor salaries, research projects, and University academic and athletic programs.
To date, the Foundation’s endowment is $165 million; total assets are valued at $192 million.
At this year’s reception, the Foundation commemorated 14 endowed gifts to the University. An additional 24 gifts of $50,000 or commitments of $100,000 or more, which help to support University academic and athletic programs, also were recognized. The collective impact of these gifts exceed $9.2 million.
Dr. Julie Bolton Falgout, president and chief executive officer of the Foundation, said distinguished donors play a vital role in supporting the University’s mission.
“The gifts strengthen and lead us. We are grateful for the overall support that continues to grow each year,” Falgout said.
Endowments to be added to the Hall of Honor are listed below:
- Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco and First Gentleman Raymond Sindo Blanco, Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco BORSF Endowed Professorships in Liberal Arts I and II
- Francis Pat Clark, Francis Patrick Clark Chair in the School of Computing and Informatics
- Drs. Roderick and Tina Clark, Drs. Roderick and Tina Clark BORSF Endowed Professorship in the Ray P. Authement College of Sciences
- Marsha Kramer, Marsha J. Kramer Endowed Superior Graduate Student Scholarship in Computer Science
- Dr. Leonder and Louizette Labbe and Sy and Laura Arceneaux, Dr. Leonder and Louizette B. Labbe and Sy J. and Laura L. Arceneaux BORSF Endowed Professorship in Education
- Dr. Elmo Laborde, Sr., Rosemary Saucier Laborde Endowed Chair in the College of Nursing
- Lafayette Music Company, Lafayette Music Company Endowed Scholarship
- Louisiana Department of Insurance, Rhett Jeansonne Endowed Scholarship in Insurance and Risk Management, Rhett Jeansonne BORSF Endowed Professorship in Insurance and Risk Management, Rhett Jeansonne Fund for Insurance and Risk Management Excellence
- Mike and Jovette Mosing, Michael and Jovette Mosing BORSF First Generation Endowed Scholarship in Nursing
- Joey Moss, Claire M. Moss BORSF Endowed Superior Graduate Student Scholarship in Music, Fern M. Moss BORSF Endowed Superior Graduate Student Scholarship in Health Sciences, Joseph C. Moss BORSF Endowed Superior Graduate Student Scholarship in Business Administration
- Rayne State Bank and Trust, Rayne State Bank U.J. “Ducky” Prevost BORSF Endowed Scholarship, Rayne State Bank U.J. “Ducky” Prevost BORSF Endowed Professorship for MBA Faculty
- Jeanine Haller Piskurich, Jeanine Haller Piskurich Endowed Scholarship in Petroleum Land and Resource Management
- John and Bonnie Sarver and Julie Sarver Boucher, John W. and Bonnie B. Sarver and Julie Sarver Boucher BORSF Endowed Superior Graduate Student Scholarship in Business Administration
- Richard Sealy, Richard C. and Sybil Sealy Family BORSF Endowed Superior Graduate Student Scholarship in Engineering
The following individuals and corporations were recognized for their contributions to UL Lafayette’s academic and athletic programs:
- Acadian Ambulance Service
- Magnus and Robin Arceneaux III
- Richard and Dianne Carlisle
- André and Dawn Clemons
- Cox Communications, Inc.
- Ed and Rickey Domingues
- Gerald “T-Boy” and Martha Hebert
- Sam and Cindy Landers
- Lettie Pate Whitehead Foundation, Inc.
- Macro Companies, Inc.
- Michael Maraist and Family
- McDonald’s of Acadiana
- Charles and Rhonda Moncla
- Donald E. Mosing
- Brad Mosing, Keith Mosing, Kirkland Mosing, and the Billy and Clara Mosing Foundation
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center
- Park Place Surgery Center
- Pinhook Foundation
- Gus and Andrea Rantz
- The Rucks Family
- Ronnie Russo
- South Louisiana Mid-Winter Fair Association
- The Savoy Family, LLC and Double R Restaurant